Why Use the Parylene Conformal Coating Process
The Parylene Process is a vapour deposition process differing significantly to all of the other liquid conformal coatings available. This difference leads to many unique advantages:
- Parylene coatings are completely conformal, have a uniform thickness and are pinhole free. As a result, component configurations with sharp edges, points, flat surfaces, crevices or exposed internal surfaces are coated uniformly without voids.
- Parylene is chemically and biologically inert and stable and make excellent barrier material.
- Parylene has excellent electrical properties: low dielectric constant and loss with good high-frequency properties; good dielectric strength; and high bulk and surface resistance
- Parylene is transparent and can be used to coat optical elements.
- Parylene complies with USP Class VI Plastics requirements and are MIL-I- 46058C / IPC-CC-830B listed.
- Coatings are truly conformal, of uniform controllable thickness, and are completely pinhole-free at thicknesses greater than 0.5µm
The Diamond Group of Global Coating Services in North America, Europe and Asia apply parylene conformal coating materials as a subcontract conformal coating service. The critical factors that ensure that we give the best results for a customer are our intimate knowledge of the parylene conformal coating application process, our preparation and application process controls, our state of the facilities and our experience in applying parylene successfully to a large range of products.
Contact SCH Technologies to discuss why you would use Parylene Conformal Coating or contact us directly on +44 1226 249019.