Can I horizontally dip printed circuit boards into the conformal coating using the DS101 Dipping Machine?
It is perfectly possible to horizontally dip PCBs using the automated batch systems such as the DS101 conformal coating dip system. There are factors such as the size of the board, the depth of dipping allowed, the type of conformal coating to be used and the masking & components on the board that must be considered but SCH regularly use this technique to minimise costs for customers.
Click Conformal Coating Dipping FAQs to find out more about this and other issues relating to the process.
About Dr Lee HitchensDr Hitchens has been working in the electronics industry and the area of conformal coatings for over 25 years in various areas including sales and technical support. He has also been training people for almost the same amount of time in all areas of conformal coating whether that is materials & equipment selection, process development or troubleshooting to help them solve their particular problem. Recently, he decided that the industry needed a specific place where all of the useful knowledge on conformal coatings could be collated for users to find easily and use in their own production process. So, Nexus was born and he began the Nexus eBook project.
- Why does the solids content of my conformal coating matter for costing a printed circuit board for application?
- What are the main uses of Molecular vapor deposition (MVD) in protecting components?
- Requirements for setting up a conformal coating facility
- Three key points you should know about polyurethane conformal coatings when using them for protecting electronic circuit boards
- What are conformal coating masking boots and why do they save you money?
- What are the different methods available for cleaning electronic circuit boards?
- The science behind fluoropolymer coatings for protecting electronic circuit boards
- Five key facts about Parylene when protecting printed circuit board assemblies
- Five key facts about using fluoropolymer Nano-coatings for protecting printed circuit boards
- Three key reasons to use a Molecular Vapor Deposition (MVD) process to protect a circuit board instead of conformal coatings
- Nexus article on, “Outsourcing your conformal coating project – The key points”
- What is a fluoropolymer nano coating and how can it protect my circuit board?
- Do you need UL qualification for your conformal coating?
- How do I selective apply my conformal coating?
- How do conformal coating masking boots save money in your production process?
- Why does the solids content of my conformal coating matter for costing a printed circuit… conformalcoating.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/why… https://t.co/2jxNtgQNDK 1 day ago
- What are the main uses of Molecular vapor deposition (MVD) in protecting components? #SCHTech #conformalcoating... fb.me/7Q1qbZPz7 2 weeks ago
- What are the main uses of Molecular vapor deposition (MVD) in protecting components? conformalcoating.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/wha… https://t.co/7NgxHmozT2 2 weeks ago
- Requirements for setting up a conformal coating facility #SCHUK #SCHTech #conformalcoatingfacility... fb.me/6UMFjX9K6 3 weeks ago
- Requirements for setting up a conformal coating facility conformalcoating.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/req… https://t.co/Kba3mOLQcN 3 weeks ago