Our customer requires that we coat their boards with a Conformal Coating that is military qualified. What are my choices?
There are many options for conformal coatings that are mil spec approved. You may view the Military’s Qualified Products List (QPL) for this specification on their web site.
If you would like help in selecting the right material from the range of coatings out there then contact SCH directly about Conformal Coating New Product Introduction and ensure you make the right choice on your material and process.
About Dr Lee HitchensDr Hitchens has been working in the electronics industry and the area of conformal coatings for over 25 years in various areas including sales and technical support. He has also been training people for almost the same amount of time in all areas of conformal coating whether that is materials & equipment selection, process development or troubleshooting to help them solve their particular problem. Recently, he decided that the industry needed a specific place where all of the useful knowledge on conformal coatings could be collated for users to find easily and use in their own production process. So, Nexus was born and he began the Nexus eBook project.
- Using custom masking boots for the conformal coating masking process saves time, money and improves quality. Find out why….
- Why does the solids content of my conformal coating matter for costing a printed circuit board for application?
- What are the main uses of Molecular vapor deposition (MVD) in protecting components?
- Requirements for setting up a conformal coating facility
- Three key points you should know about polyurethane conformal coatings when using them for protecting electronic circuit boards
- What are conformal coating masking boots and why do they save you money?
- What are the different methods available for cleaning electronic circuit boards?
- The science behind fluoropolymer coatings for protecting electronic circuit boards
- Five key facts about Parylene when protecting printed circuit board assemblies
- Five key facts about using fluoropolymer Nano-coatings for protecting printed circuit boards
- Three key reasons to use a Molecular Vapor Deposition (MVD) process to protect a circuit board instead of conformal coatings
- Nexus article on, “Outsourcing your conformal coating project – The key points”
- What is a fluoropolymer nano coating and how can it protect my circuit board?
- Do you need UL qualification for your conformal coating?
- How do I selective apply my conformal coating?
- Product Feature: What is UV200 conveyor system? The UV200 curing conveyor utilizes high energy Fusion microwave... fb.me/7a2iy85jV 2 weeks ago
- What are the different methods available for cleaning electronic circuit boards? #SCHTech #conformalcoating... fb.me/1T0JqsuCm 2 weeks ago
- Conformal Coating Dip Systems 101: What is the tolerance of the coating thickness? Click here to learn:... fb.me/6JgAp7mYj 3 weeks ago
- Product Feature: What is DS102 Bench Top Dip Coating System? The DS102 conformal coating dip system is a... fb.me/2zUMIuoLM 3 weeks ago
- Conformal Coating 101: Why use conformal coating to protect my electronic circuits? Click here to read more:... fb.me/1jGeuqd1K 1 month ago