We are in the design phase of a new project and were wondering if you could provide us with the estimated cost of conformal coating a PCB assembly?
The cost of actually applying the conformal coating to the assembly will vary greatly by application method and projected volumes. The material costs for the Conformal Coating itself are very low and will normally be less than £0.001 per square inch of board surface for a 25um dry film thickness. This may vary slightly dependent upon the Conformal Coating used and can be further reduced dependent upon your purchasing volumes.
Overall, the application of a quality Conformal Coating is the cheapest way to insure the long term reliability of your printed Circuit assemblies!
Contact SCH directly about Conformal Coating New Product Introduction and we will be happy to ensure you make the right choice on your material and process.
About Dr Lee HitchensDr Hitchens has been working in the electronics industry and the area of conformal coatings for over 25 years in various areas including sales and technical support. He has also been training people for almost the same amount of time in all areas of conformal coating whether that is materials & equipment selection, process development or troubleshooting to help them solve their particular problem. Recently, he decided that the industry needed a specific place where all of the useful knowledge on conformal coatings could be collated for users to find easily and use in their own production process. So, Nexus was born and he began the Nexus eBook project.
- Using custom masking boots for the conformal coating masking process saves time, money and improves quality. Find out why….
- Why does the solids content of my conformal coating matter for costing a printed circuit board for application?
- What are the main uses of Molecular vapor deposition (MVD) in protecting components?
- Requirements for setting up a conformal coating facility
- Three key points you should know about polyurethane conformal coatings when using them for protecting electronic circuit boards
- What are conformal coating masking boots and why do they save you money?
- What are the different methods available for cleaning electronic circuit boards?
- The science behind fluoropolymer coatings for protecting electronic circuit boards
- Five key facts about Parylene when protecting printed circuit board assemblies
- Five key facts about using fluoropolymer Nano-coatings for protecting printed circuit boards
- Three key reasons to use a Molecular Vapor Deposition (MVD) process to protect a circuit board instead of conformal coatings
- Nexus article on, “Outsourcing your conformal coating project – The key points”
- What is a fluoropolymer nano coating and how can it protect my circuit board?
- Do you need UL qualification for your conformal coating?
- How do I selective apply my conformal coating?
- Masking Boots FAQs#15: Can a custom mark be added to the surface of the masking boot to make identification... fb.me/yAHVX8Py 1 week ago
- Masking Boots FAQs #14: Why would a conformal coating masking boot leak? They are completely leak proof if they... fb.me/CLPUWysY 1 week ago
- Masking Boots FAQs #13: What conformal coatings can be used with the masking boots? The masking boots are... fb.me/48u4YanYG 2 weeks ago
- Masking Boots FAQ#11: Why use conformal coating masking boots in your production process? Masking boots can be... fb.me/2ok8t3cO5 3 weeks ago
- Masking Boots FAQ#10: How are conformal coating masking boots used? The masking boots are placed over the... fb.me/4hlOgjMIG 3 weeks ago