Why Use Acrylic (AR) Conformal Coating?
Acrylic conformal coatings make up a large percentage of the global market. There are many reasons for this including ease of application, cost and easy to repair.
Acrylic resins (AR) are single component materials. More specifically, they are preformed acrylic polymers that are dissolved in a solvent to be applied to surfaces. Acrylic conformal coatings have the following features:
- Acrylic coatings provide an excellent barrier to moisture and humidity providing the highest level of protection as possible for liquid applied coatings.
- They are one of the lowest cost coatings to purchase
- They have minimal chemical resistance making it ideal for reworking and removal.
- Acrylics can be soldered through with minimal to no odor release.
- Acrylics dry to the touch in approx 60 minutes or less and typically cure much faster than most coatings.
- All of these factors make this the most used conformal coating type in the world.
- They can be easily applied with a brush, sprayed by aerosol, spray gun or robot or by dipping.
This makes Acrylic conformal coatings the most used conformal coating in the world.
If you would like to know more about acrylics or other products and services offered and supported by SCH Technologies, please do not hesitate to contact us
Telephone: +44 1226 249019
Click Contact Us to send us your requests.