What information do I need to provide to get a conformal coating quotation for subcontract service?
When deciding to look at outsourcing your conformal coating process there are fundamental questions you need to answer and information to be provided to allow us to provide an accurate quote.
Questions to be answered include:
- Do you require the circuit boards to be cleaned or is this a no clean process?
- What are your expected volumes of PCBs to be processed?
- What turnaround time do you require on the service?
- What conformal coating material do you want applied?
- Do you have photos and /or masking drawings of the PCBs?
- How big are the PCBs for costing purposes?
- Do you have a particular coating process you prefer to be used?
- Do you have any masking requirements before coating application?
- What conformal coating standards do you require the PCBs to be inspected to?
- Are there any materials on the PCB such as silicone RTV that can cause problems when processing?
- Are there any special requirements?
These are the basic questions and each of them will lead to further questions. As with many projects, many answers are unknown and SCH can help develop the conformal coating process with you.
Take a look at our conformal coating services introduction to understand what we can offer you.
Or, contact us here at +44 1226 249019 or email email@example.com