What is conformal coating de-wetting and why does it occur?
De-wetting is where the conformal coating material is applied to a printed circuit board evenly but the coating refuse to stick to the surface that it has been applied to.
Factors that influence de-wetting usually involve non-ionic contamination such as:
- Residues from board manufacture including silicone surfactants from solder resist & HASL rinse contamination
- Component residues like mould release agents
- Silicone oil from adhesives in production.
- Soldering processes
- Cleaning bath contamination where rinsing has failed
- Operator handling adding contaminants
Click de-wetting conformal coating failure mechanism technical bulletin for further information and solutions on how to solve the problems.
Or contact us here at +44 1226 249019 or email email@example.com