Room temperature cure nano-coatings
Nano-coatings protect circuit boards but do not require maskingNano-coatings have very specialised properties for protecting circuit board assemblies.
SCH provide two proprietary low temperature fluoropolymer coating formulations, LT-4 and LT-8.
The two nano-coatings have similar protection properties but differ in liquid carrier.
Performance properties of LT-4 and LT-8
The fluorocarbon coatings have excellent physical properties:
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic surface performance
- Superior moisture and salt barrier properties
- Corrosion resistant
- High resistance to chemicals/solvents
- Resists heat to 200C
- Survives Gamma, E-beam and EtOH sterilization
- Good adhesion
- Will not occlude fine gauge mesh openings
- Well suited for: pcb, electronics, metals, MEMS, sensors, plastics, steel mesh, membranes, fabrics
- Adaptable and customisable chemistry
- Re-workable, solderable
- Optically clear liquid formulation
- Film thickness from 200 nanometers to 2+ microns
- Varying fluorocarbon solids from 0.1% upwards
- Transparent, colorless film
- Low viscosity, low surface tension solution
Want to know more about fluoropolymer nano-coatings?
Contact us now.
LT-4 and LT-8 difference
The difference between the two coatings (LT-4 and LT-8) is the solvent carrier.
The LT-coating 4 is based upon standard solvents (acetone, butyl acetate) and MEK and provides a commercially price sensitive solution.
The LT-8 coating uses a fluorosolvent carrier that is a safe alternative to the environment and the operator.
Talk to us about your requirements for fluoropolymer coatings.
Why use nano-coatings to protect circuit boards?
Nano coatings are no mask conformal coatings with great water repellent propertiesNano-coatings have very specialised properties for protecting circuit board assemblies.
- Being highly hydrophobic (water repellent)
- Having a high moisture barrier
- Being ultra-thin so no requirement to mask the circuit board
- Being highly oleophobic (oil repellent)
- Having a high chemical resistance
- Having a high lubricity
- Having high dielectric properties
- Providing high corrosion resistance
The fluoropolymers are extremely flexible coatings and becoming more prolifically used throughout engineering.
Contact us to find out more about nano-coatings for circuit board protection.