OPX ultra-thin nano-coating
Nano-coatings protect circuit boards but do not require maskingOPX is a a very robust and abrasion resistant high performance PFPE blended with polysilane to form a highly hydrophobic nano-coating.
OPX is a robust and long-lasting thin film that chemically bonds to almost any surface (silica, quartz, glass, metal and most plastics).
Performance properties of OPX
The OPX fluorocarbon coating has excellent physical properties:
- Refractive Index 1.3
- Contact angle (water) >110°
- Contact angle (mineral oil) >70°
- Withstands 5000+ rubs with steel wool.
- Anti-scratching and anti-smudging properties makes OPX an ideal solution for coating: touch-panel displays, cell phones, LCD, optical filters/lenses and electronic boards
- Maintains contact angle after abrasion and exposure to IPA, acetone, others.
- Transparent film
- Protective coatings for electronic components – ALL of them. Protection for internal pcb, coatings for external case, sub-micron abrasion-resistant coatings for glass display
Talk to us about your requirements for fluoropolymer coatings.
Contact us now.
Why use nano-coatings to protect circuit boards?
Nano coatings are no mask conformal coatings with great water repellent propertiesNano-coatings have very specialised properties for protecting circuit board assemblies.
- Being highly hydrophobic (water repellent)
- Having a high moisture barrier
- Being ultra-thin so no requirement to mask the circuit board
- Being highly oleophobic (oil repellent)
- Having a high chemical resistance
- Having a high lubricity
- Having high dielectric properties
- Providing high corrosion resistance
The fluoropolymers are extremely flexible coatings and becoming more prolifically used throughout engineering.
Contact us to find out more about nano-coatings for circuit board protection.